British Mountain Maps: The Dark Peak
Code: ISBN 978-1-851374-82-3
A durable, 100% waterproof map covering the Peak District's famous moorland fells and edges. Designed for hill walkers, climbers and mountaineers, the map contains crag information and uses colour shading for easy identification of hills and valleys.
- The Peak District's famous fells and edges all on a single map
- Scale 1:40,000
- Printed on plastic - durable, tear-resistant and 100% waterproof
- Colour shading for easy identification of hills and valleys
- Detailed crag information for climbers
- Less than half the weight of a laminated map
- Includes a plastic sleeve for carrying and storage
The scale of 1:40,000 has been selected as the best compromise
between detail and area covered for the purpose of hill walking and
mountaineering. The reverse side of the map includes: Detailed 1:20 000
enlargements of the Kinder Plateau,
geological map of the Peak District, mountain incident and first aid
advice, tips on using your map and compass and useful phone numbers
& websites. The BMC publish British Mountain Maps using HARVEY
mapping and map data.
Any surplus made by the British Mountaineering Council from the sale of this map will be used to fund work programmes including access, conservation, safety and good practice.
Subscribe To Newsletter