Yorkshire Dales Mountain Biking The North Dales
Code: ISBN 0-9548131-5-4
Downloads: 1 Download
Find the best mountain biking routes, rides and trails in the northern half of the Yorkshire Dales with this comprehensive guide to the region.
The Dales offer a superb network of bridleways, usable all year round, with trails visiting great swathes of moor, rubble-strewn descents, broadleaf woodland, exposed hillsides, stone-based lanes, tarns and rivers.
The Yorkshire Dales National Park is one of the UK's most MTB-friendly national parks. With bike buses, restored bridleways and pubs with workshops out the back, riders of all abilities are guaranteed a good time.
This guide contains 24 routes from 8 to 53km long. They are drawn up by Nick Cotton, author of over 30 MTB guides, plotted on Harvey Maps and illustrated with photography by Andy Heading. A special bonus section lists the top 10 climbs, descents and cruises in the area as well as a selection of road climbs to make you wince!
- The Valley of Marske Beck
- Over Great Pinseat from Langthwaite
- Two Short Rides from Hardraw
- East from Langthwaite onto Hurst Moor
- Gunnerside & Melbecks Moor
- West of Marske to Fremington & Marrick Moor
- Limestone Plateaux between
- Kirkby Stephen & Crosby Garrett
- Howgill Summits north of Sedbergh
- Sedbergh & the Upper Rawthey Valley
- Sedbergh south-east to Dentdale
- Reeth & Reeth High Moor (This route is available as a free download)
- South of Reeth onto Harkerside Moor
- South of Reeth to Apedale
- Castle Bolton & Apedale
- Askrigg & Thornton Rust Moor
- Hawes, a tour of Dodd Fell & Burtersett
- Bainbridge, Raydale & Stake Allotments
- Thoralby, West Burton,
- Carlton Moor & Melmerby
- Bainbridge, Langstrothdale & Cam High Road
- Lady Ann Clifford's Highway, northwest of Hawes
- North from Muker to Tan Hill
- Castle Bolton, Broomber Rigg & Redmire Moor
- Marske to Arkengarthdale
- Bainbridge to Horton
Plus Top 10 Climbs, Descents & Cruises.
“Hard to fault. I rate this guidebook highly and would recommend it to anyone planning rides in the north Dales. Navigating your way around the book is easy, whether youre governed by route length, location, or technical difficulty. The route descriptions, photos and maps are all clear, and the book is compact enough to slip easily into a backpack. Top marks.”
Olly Howard Planetfear.com
Yorkshire Dales North - Reeth and Reeth High Moor
Set around a handsome green, Reeth is an excellent centre to be based for a few days for an exploration of the rides that fan out in all directions from the village.
File Name: YDMB-N_Reeth.pdf File size:1.25Mb
Price: Free! [get file]
Check out these other products at V-Outdoor:
Subscribe To Newsletter